Over the past days I moved my blog over to AWS CloudFront and S3, powered by the static blog generator Hexo.
Here are a few highlights:
- The source code of the website is now open source on GitHub.
- The infrastructure for the website is automated and codified by a CloudFormation template.
- The website is secured via HTTPS thanks to CloudFront and the Amazon Certificate Manager
- The build of the website if entirely codified and automated with AWS CodePipeline and CodeBuild (see the CloudFormation template for details).
- The website and building infrastructure are serverless. No servers, VMs or containers to manage.
- Major performance enhancements since the website is now static and powered by a CDN.